Dry and itchy eye is one of the most common eye problems, which almost everyone faces in their lifetime at least once. And at night, you will feel the dryness and itchiness in the eyes prominently, which can be highly bothering as it would interfere with your sleep. If you suffer from this condition, it is recommended to seek treatment for chronic dry eye relief.
Causes of dry and itchy eyes:
To understand which chronic dry eye relief will work best for you, you must identify the underlying cause.
- You might experience dry eyes as an allergic reaction to pollens, smoke, perfume, makeup, soap, etc. to which your body is sensitive to.
- It might also occur due to immense strain on the eyes. During the day time, you may work several hours on the computer, which can put tremendous pressure on your eyes. As a result, at night, your eyes dry out and cause an itchy feeling.
- This may also be due to an infection.
The chronic dry eye relief can be sought after when you see symptoms like –
- Burning feeling in your eyes at night
- Continuous itching of your eyes
- Pain or ache in the eyes
- Constant cumbersome or tired feeling in the eyes
- Constant dryness of eyes when you come back home after a day’s work
- Blurred vision, which is a chronic stage of this problem
- Sensitivity to lights
- Redness and continuous itching
Treatment for dry and itchy eyes at night:
The doctors might prescribe certain eye drops or gel for chronic dry eye relief. If the underlying cause is a bacterial infection, then antibiotics would be prescribed as the appropriate dry, itchy eyes treatment.
Eyes are sensitive and they need to be well taken care of. Never ignore the dryness in your eyes and get an eye check up done as soon as possible to avoid complications.